Pride Bowl is held at the Montrose Beach – Cricket Hill fields, along the shore of Lake Michigan. The majority of the fields are located between W. Montrose Avenue and W. Wilson Drive. Additional fields are located north of W. Wilson Drive, a short walk via a pedestrian/bike underpass. Four of the fields are turf, while the rest are grass, so be prepared for either playing surface.
The fields are a quick 5 minute walk to the beach, and several stores and restaurants are located nearby on Wilson, Montrose and Broadway.
Transportation to Fields:
Since the fields are part of a larger park-system, Google Maps and Apple Maps do not assign an exact address to the field location. The closest “address” within the park is the SP+ Parking Lot at 601 W. Montrose Ave..
Alternatively, we suggest using one of the following locations for your driving directions or Uber/Lyft destination.
Montrose Beach Track & Field
Montrose Beach Skate Park (Wilson Skatepark)
SP+ Parking: 601 W. Montrose Ave.
The fields are a 10-15 minute walk from the Wilson Red/Purple Line CTA Station. Use the Wilson Ave station exit, and walk east along Wilson to the fields. The CTA fare is $2.50/ride + 2 Free Transfers within 2 hours. CTA Trains and buses all accept ApplyPay, GooglePay, SamsungPay, and “Contactless” Credit/Debit Cards. See www.transitchicago.com for more information on schedules, routes, fares and multi-day passes.
Several CTA Bus Routes, including express buses from the Magnificent Mile and the Loop stop blocks from the fields.
- 146 (Magnificent Mile/Loop Express bus) – Get off at Montrose Ave & Marine Dr
- 151 (Local bus from Lakeview) – Get off at Montrose Ave & Sheridan Rd
- 36 (Local bus from Lakeview) – Get off at Montrose Ave & Broadway
Driving & Parking:
Montrose Beach – Cricket Hill is located directly off Lake Shore Drive, via either the Montrose Exit or Wilson Exit.
Free street parking is available on the roads within the park surrounding the fields on W Wilson Dr, W Montrose Ave, and N Simonds Dr. Note that W Montrose Harbor Dr and W Lawrence Ave have pay-meters.
Free street parking is also available on N Marine Dr, on the opposite side of Lake Shore Drive from the fields.
Two different pay parking lots are available next to the fields. The parking rate is $2/hour; $6/4hours; $12/9hours; $20/full-day. No overnight parking allowed.
- SP+ Parking at Montrose Beach Skate Park (Wilson Skate Park) – Google Maps Link
- SP+ Parking: 601 W. Montrose Ave. – Google Maps Link
SATURDAY PARKING – Several streets within the park will be CLOSED Saturday Morning for the annual Proud to Run, a Pride Weekend 5k/10k. This will make parking in the area very difficult, and we suggest taking alternative modes of transportation other than driving and parking. Proud to Run should end by 11am, at which time the streets will open.
Uber/Lyfts – Will still be able to drop off by the Fields on Montrose Ave or Wilson Dr. Expect Montrose Ave to be the easiest location for drop-offs.
Public Transportation – All options still available
Parking: The exact street closures are subject to how the City Event Management decides to blockade for the run, but this is the expected setup:
- Wilson Dr. will only be open to access the paid parking lot (SP+ Parking at Montrose Beach Skate Park), no free street parking will be available.
- Montrose Ave. should be open directly adjacent to the fields, with very limited free street parking.
- Both paid parking lots should be open, but they may fill up early due to the large number of runners participating in Proud to Run.
- Free parking will still be available outside of the park on N Marine Dr, but this will be very limited due to the other street closures.